Frequently Asked Questions
What group/class will my child be in?
Our policy is to put children in with their peers according to their dates of birth for their social/emotional development. Their learning goals are set according to the child's ability within the classroom. When they join the school (or at the beginning of the year) the children are assessed and placed in the appropriate level (within the classroom).
Do you have open days, when I can come and visit the school?
We do not have any open days. However, you are most welcome to come and visit our school. In order to make an appointment please contact our admission officer via email or/and telephone.
My situation is a bit different and I am not sure whether my child fits the admission criteria. What can I do to verify this?
We understand that some family situations are a bit unusual. If you are unsure whether you fit the admission criteria, you are most welcome to call the admission officer or to send her an email to discuss this.
What is the procedure for enrolment and what does the school need?
Once our school has established that your child fits the admission criteria, you may send the documents required (see below). You will then receive a link to our application form.
The application process will be complete once:
- We have received all the documentation required.
- You have filled in an application form and you have signed it.
- The application fee of 150 euro per child has been paid.
- You have visited the school and we have met your child/ren (if not possible, the school reserves the right to request additional information (such as the authorisation to call the previous school or receive from them a letter of recommendation, etc...).
What documents do you require to start the application process?
- Copy of passport (of the child/ren).
- Copy of employment contract or letter from employer showing the family is here on a temporary contract or that you have been relocated (relocation package on contract). If your contract is not showing an end date, an alternative is for you to provide us with proof you are an expatriate such as a letter from your employer/University stating you will be here for a few years only.
- Full copy of recent school reports (from the last two years). Please also provide us with the copies of any other assessments report or evaluation you might have (learning support, EAL…).
- A letter of observation (or preschool children who have not been schooled yet).
Do you keep long waiting lists and how early should I apply for a start in September?
We do not accept applications too early in advance and for a September start, you can contact us in January of the same year (for example, for a start in September for the school year 2020-2021, we start the application in January 2020). You may make an appointment to visit our school any time.
When will I find out that my child has a place at your school?
A lot depends on when you apply and for which class. Our admission officer will keep you informed and will let you know if we have space for your child or if your child will need to be placed on a waiting list. You will receive regular updates and our school will contact you as soon as there is space for your child.
How much are the school fees, and can I pay in monthly instalments?
The school fees are € 3750 per child per year for the school year 2020-2021
In addition, an application fee of € 150 per child is required to reserve a place for your child.
Our school fees are used to pay class teachers, extra teachers (EAL, Dutch, PE) ,field trips cleaning costs, resources such as books, furniture, etc.
The school fees cannot be paid in monthly instalments but it is possible to pay either in one instalment in September or in two instalments (one in September, the other in January).
For children starting during the school year, the school fees are calculated pro-rata. The same applies to children who leave during the school year.
Do you accept credit card payments?
No, we don’t. You can pay via internet banking to the following school account.
Bank account name : Stg BOOR inz Harbour International
IBAN: NL 36 RABO 0112898289 BIC: RABO NL 2U
What time does school start and what time does it finish?
|Monday||8.30 - 15.00|
|Tuesday||8.30 - 15.00|
|Wednesday||8.30 - 12:30|
|Thursday||8.30 - 15.00|
|Friday||8.30 - 15.00|
What do I do if my child is sick and cannot come to school?
The Dutch laws of attendance are very strict and our school is required to keep records of absences. It is therefore imperative that you communicate with our school if your child cannot come to school. If your child is unwell, we kindly ask that you contact your teacher on the day before 8:45 am.
Do you have school transport?
Our school does not organise school transport and it is the parents responsibility to bring and collect their children mornings and afternoons..
Do you offer and after school care? How much does it cost?
We do not have onsite after school care service. You may contact the following 4 after schools for costs and availability. They are familiar with our school and can pick up your children from our premises:
Does your school offer extra-curricular activities?
Please see our page on extra-curricular activities for more information.